litigation and dispute resolution
Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Our results-driven and pragmatic litigation service remain ready to assist. We are fearless and experienced and we adopt a sensible and transparent approach to each dispute.
With customer satisfaction being our most valued metric of success, we will support and guide you through your legal matters.
Our litigation law firm focuses on a variety of disputes including, but not necessarily limited to building and construction disputes, employment disputes, defamation, property disputes and consumer disputes and bankruptcy and insolvency.
Personal and commercial disputes can be extremely stressful and can often lead to parties wasting significant time and resources to try and resolve the disputes to find that they have reached an impasse and a resolution is beyond reach.
If you intend to embark on this process, you need certainty that your litigation lawyer will present your best case, communicate clearly and effectively with any opponents, and fight for the best outcome.
Building & Construction Disputes
The complex legal framework governing the building and construction sector can be overwhelming and feel impossible to wrap your head around.
From contract disputes to security claims, our extensive experience in the Building and Construction sector enables us to understand your needs and the industry-specific challenges that can arise.
- Dispute resolution
- Debt recovery
- The QBCC
- QBCC Tribunal appeals
- QBCC insurance claims
- Project bank accounts
- Variations, defects, delays, payment claims, and schedules
- Contract administration, as well as contract-related conflicts and disputes
- Subcontractor’s charges
- Licensing and regulation
Competition & Consumer Law
Consumer and commercial disputes can not only be extremely stressful but lead to parties wasting significant time and resources.
Our experienced litigation lawyer will help you distill the facts in their simplest form, assess your prospects, and advise you on the appropriate course of action.
- Breach of consumer rights
- Breach of consumer warranty
- Breach of consumer protection laws
- False or deceptive statements and representations about consumer goods and services
- Commercial disputes, such as trade restrictions resulting from employment contracts
- Australian standards, industry codes or legislation
- General corporate legal services around competition law issues
Corporate Insolvency & Bankruptcy
If you’re struggling to repay your debts or are facing insolvency or bankruptcy, this can be an isolating and challenging time – but you don’t have to face this difficult time alone.
We are here to walk you through the process with compassion and care, providing you with trusted and tailored advice to avoid personal exposure and pursuit by liquidators or trustees.
- Tailored solutions to fit each client’s unique circumstances
- Creditors/debtors/directors, shareholders and members
- Creditor’s statutory demand for payment of a debt
- Wind up a company on grounds of insolvency
- Wind up a company on just and equitable grounds on behalf of shareholders
- Defend a director’s personal liability
- Letters of demand
- Bankruptcy by debtor’s petition
- Bankruptcy by the sequestration order
At Victor Legal, we understand the frustration and financial strain that come with unpaid debts. Our leading debt recovery lawyers in Brisbane have a proven track record of assisting individuals and businesses in recovering outstanding payments efficiently and cost-effectively.
- Strategic advice on debt collection and credit management practices
- Debt recovery negotiations and settlements with debtors
- Alternative dispute resolution methods for debt recovery
- Commencing legal proceedings for debt recovery
- Enforcing judgments through court orders, garnishee orders, and other legal remedies
- Advising on appropriate enforcement proceedings for debt recovery
- Representation in debt-related litigation, including debt recovery, bankruptcy, and insolvency proceedings.
If you have suffered loss or harm due to defamation, our Brisbane-based team is here to help you navigate the process and obtain the most favourable outcome.
We are passionate about using our expertise to provide clients with a transparent and down-to-earth experience during this stressful time.
- Strategic advice on defamation risk and prevention, including pre-publication and pre-broadcast reviews of content
- Representation in defamation proceedings
- Negotiations and mediations to resolve disputes and avoid litigation
- Advice on defences to defamation claims, including contextual truth, qualified privilege, and statutory defences
- Assistance with the removal of defamatory content from online platforms, including social media and search engines
- Representation in related disputes, including breach of confidence, privacy, and injurious falsehood claims
Dispute Resolution & Commercial Litigation
Disputes and litigation can be complex and disruptive to your business operations. Our experienced dispute resolution and commercial litigation team is dedicated to providing cost-effective and practical solutions to help you achieve your desired outcomes.
- Strategic advice on dispute prevention and resolution, risk management, and litigation strategy
- Negotiations and mediations to resolve disputes and avoid costly litigation
- Commencement and defence of court proceedings, including complex commercial litigation matters
- Representation in alternative dispute resolution methods, including arbitration and expert determination
- Advice on a wide range of commercial disputes, including contractual disputes, shareholder disputes, director and officer liability, and competition law disputes
- Assistance with debt recovery and insolvency-related disputes, including
- representation in liquidation, administration, and receivership proceedings
There is a range of disputes employers and employees may find themselves in from unfair dismissal to superannuation disputes.
If an effective solution can’t be found, more formal proceedings may need to take place which can lead to stressful situations for all parties.
Our aim is to provide practical solutions with minimal fuss that leave you feeling confident with the outcome.
- Breach of employment contract
- Restraint of trade
- Contract disputes
- Unfair dismissal
- Wage disputes
- Workplace discrimination
It is important to protect your interests and rights when it comes to property as there are many situations where a property dispute may arise and can be both complex and time-consuming to resolve.
- Council disputes
- Disputes about fences, trees and buildings
- Business lease disputes
- Adverse possession
- Local council disputes
- Body corporate disputes
- Residential tenancy disputes
- Real estate disputes
- Joint venture agreements (residential and commercial)
Choose an expert for commercial litigation
As one of Brisbane’s leading commercial litigation firms, Victor Legal is a trusted partner for many Australians in several aspects of commercial and business law including property, employment, defamation, building and construction law, consumer and competition disputes and debt recovery, bankruptcy and corporate insolvency.
From our lead litigator to the extended team of experienced and professional staff in our offices, you can feel confident that your litigation will be affected to the highest possible standards. Contact us at (07) 3219 4201 or by email today to schedule your initial appointment and experience the power of a litigation lawyer that will not back down.
What does a commercial litigator do?
A commercial litigator represents businesses and individuals in legal disputes in the realm of business and commercial law in Australia. It is the role of a litigation lawyer to help business owners understand their rights with regard to both state and federal laws to assist in making informed decisions within the scope of the law.
At Victor Legal, our team of litigation lawyers in Brisbane makes it their sole purpose to stay as current as possible with the ever-changing commercial laws in Australia to provide our clients with the most up-to-date information to make informed decisions. Our commercial litigators are highly qualified in the field of both business and commercial law — allowing them to litigate cases in the most highly effective ways. A commercial litigator can represent both businesses and individuals as plaintiffs or defendants in cases that relate specifically to commercial or business law.
What is the difference between business litigation and commercial litigation?
The terms business litigation and commercial litigation are often used interchangeably in Australia. However, a commercial litigator is more likely to be highly skilled in particular areas of contract law and may be more likely to represent clients in higher-profile cases. Business litigation is a broader term that applies to a larger area of business law overall. A litigation lawyer who practices business litigation is more likely to be experienced in helping small to medium business owners to establish and expand their businesses while protecting their business rights according to the law. An experienced litigation lawyer will be able to assist their clients with making decisions within the law’s scope and act on their client’s behalf in a courtroom setting.
If you are unsure of the type of litigator you need for your business, you are welcome to contact our team to discuss your requirements.
Is a litigator the same as a lawyer?
The term “lawyer” in Australia covers a broad range of legal practitioners across all areas of the law including both civil and criminal law. A litigation lawyer is a professional who is highly specialised in civil cases which, in a commercial sense, represents individuals or businesses in a wide range of matters.
A commercial litigator, on the other hand, is expertly trained and can represent their clients in the courtroom in any number of business matters which pertain specifically to business or commercial law. While there are a number of transactional lawyers to choose from in Australia to take care of your business interests, utilising the services of a legal professional in business litigation is required for larger and more complex cases where there is a claim for or against a commercial operation.
What our clients are saying…
We have found both John and Sherry to be firstly super efficient, but in our opinion which is extremely important to us, possess the utmost of integrity and just overall helpfulness & friendliness.
Thank you John for the prompt and professional service. I would highly recommend the Firm and would definitely be contacting for any further legal matters in the future.
I rang John one Saturday about a legal matter and wow, he was so professional, caring, understanding and really listened to my enquiry.
John is a committed lawyer who helped me obtain a positive outcome in my affairs. I have no problems recommending John and will continue to use him if and when the need arises.
J J Christian
John Christian in particular is very professional and caring, looks after his client. He has a solid knowledge/expertise in the area of sale and purchase agreements.
Anonymous (via FirmChecker)
Simplify and Solve Your Legal Matters
If you require legal support, let’s make it as seamless and straightforward as possible. Get in touch with our team today to arrange your free ten-minute phone consultation.request a call-back