litigation and dispute resolution
Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Our results-driven and pragmatic litigation service remain ready to assist. We are fearless and experienced and we adopt a sensible and transparent approach to each dispute.
With customer satisfaction being our most valued metric of success, we will support and guide you through your legal matters.
Our litigation services touch on a variety of disputes including, but not necessarily limited to building and construction disputes, employment disputes, defamation, property disputes and consumer disputes and bankruptcy and insolvency.
Personal and commercial disputes can be extremely stressful and can often lead to parties wasting significant time and resources to try and resolve the disputes to find that they have reached an impasse and a resolution is beyond reach.
If you intend to embark on this process, you need certainty that your litigation lawyer will present your best case, communicate clearly and effectively with any opponents, and fight for the best outcome.
Building and Construction Disputes
The complex legal framework governing the building and construction sector can be overwhelming and feel impossible to wrap your head around.
From contract disputes to security claims, our extensive experience in the Building and Construction sector enables us to understand your needs and the industry-specific challenges that can arise.
- Dispute resolution
- Debt recovery
- The QBCC
- QBCC Tribunal appeals
- QBCC insurance claims
- Project bank accounts
- Variations, defects, delays, payment claims, and schedules
- Contract administration, as well as contract-related conflicts and disputes
- Subcontractor’s charges
- Licensing and regulation
It is important to protect your interests and rights when it comes to property as there are many situations where a property dispute may arise and can be both complex and time-consuming to resolve.
- Council disputes
- Disputes about fences, trees and buildings
- Business lease disputes
- Adverse possession
- Local council disputes
- Body corporate disputes
- Residential tenancy disputes
- Real estate disputes
- Joint venture agreements (residential and commercial)
If you have suffered loss or harm due to defamation, our Brisbane-based team is here to help you navigate the process and obtain the most favourable outcome.
We are passionate about using our expertise to provide clients with a transparent and down-to-earth experience during this stressful time.
- Requirement for a Concerns Notice
- Single publication rule
- Serious Harm Threshold
- Public interest, scientific and peer review defences
- Cap on damages for non-economic loss
There is a range of disputes employers and employees may find themselves in from unfair dismissal to superannuation disputes.
If an effective solution can’t be found, more formal proceedings may need to take place which can lead to stressful situations for all parties.
Our aim is to provide practical solutions with minimal fuss that leave you feeling confident with the outcome.
- Breach of employment contract
- Restraint of trade
- Contract disputes
- Unfair dismissal
- Wage disputes
- Workplace discrimination
Competition and Consumer Law
Consumer and commercial disputes can not only be extremely stressful but lead to parties wasting significant time and resources.
Our experienced litigation lawyer will help you distill the facts in their simplest form, assess your prospects, and advise you on the appropriate course of action.
- Breach of consumer rights
- Breach of consumer warranty
- Breach of consumer protection laws
- False or deceptive statements and representations about consumer goods and services
- Commercial disputes, such as trade restrictions resulting from employment contracts
- Australian standards, industry codes or legislation
- General corporate legal services around competition law issues
Debt Recovery, Bankruptcy and Corporate Insolvency
If you’re struggling to repay your debts or are facing insolvency or bankruptcy, this can be an isolating and challenging time – but you don’t have to face this difficult time alone.
We are here to walk you through the process with compassion and care, providing you with trusted and tailored advice to avoid personal exposure and pursuit by liquidators or trustees.
- Tailored solutions to fit each client’s unique circumstances
- Creditors/debtors/directors, shareholders and members
- Creditor’s statutory demand for payment of a debt
- Wind up a company on grounds of insolvency
- Wind up a company on just and equitable grounds on behalf of shareholders
- Defend a director’s personal liability
- Letters of demand
- Bankruptcy by debtor’s petition
- Bankruptcy by the sequestration order
What our clients are saying….
I rang John one Saturday about a legal matter and wow, he was so professional, caring, understanding and really listened to my enquiry.
John is a committed lawyer who helped me obtain a positive outcome in my affairs. I have no problems recommending John and will continue to use him if and when the need arises.
J J Christian
John Christian in particular is very professional and caring, looks after his client. He has a solid knowledge/expertise in the area of sale and purchase agreements.
Anonymous (via FirmChecker)
Simplify and Solve Your Legal Matters
If you require legal support, let’s make it as seamless and straightforward as possible. Get in touch with our team today to arrange your free ten-minute phone consultation.request a call-back